Posted on | October 31, 2006 | Comments Off
Everyone needs high-quality content. Every wants more quality links. Combine the two and it is a win-win.
The goal is to create a large collection of interviews making your site one of the best sources of information on the web for your industry. Interview the leading experts (plus up-and-coming gurus) in your field.
The first few interviews will be the hardest to get. If your company is a highly respected brand it will be easier to get started. Once two or three interviews are published it will be easier to convince people to be interviewed. Play upon peopleâ€™s need to be a part of a group. Most welcome the chance to be included in the popular circle. Soon enough you might even have people requesting to be interviewed.
– Do keyword research. Ask the questions that people are searching for answer to.
– Ask questions in the interview that will attract college professors and staff doing research. Remember the goal is to get links from quality sites.
– Ask questions that will entice journalist to reference the interview.
– Ask the interviewee to send out an email to colleagues about their recent interview.
– Ask the interviewee to link to the interview on their website.
– Send out emails to your colleagues and business associates.
– Get bloggers with influence to post about it.
– Set-up a pay-per-click (PPC) campaign.
– Sponsor email newsletters.
The end result is your company ends up with some high-quality original content that will attract quality links.