Posted on | March 7, 2006 | 1 Comment
Wilsonweb defines viral marketing as â€œany strategy that encourages individuals to pass on a marketing message to others.â€ The benefits of this type of marketing are enormous. Your site gains traffic, publicity and natural backlinks.
People tend to share humor, jokes and cartoons more than anything else by email.
Viral Marketing Ideas
- Jokes (have users submit jokes to increase effectiveness)
- Online Games and Quizzes
Viral Marketing Tips
- Make it easy for people to email or IM a link to your campaign
- Keep urls and links as short as possible
- Give people permission to republish the cartoons or animation. Embed links into the code you provide (remember to use keyword variations).
Once you have a new marketing campaign promote it! Avoid the common thinking of â€œbuild it and they will come.â€
- Contact industry sites or bloggers.
- Ask others to review your new program (people love giving advice).
- Start a Pay Per Click (PPC) campaign to give it a boost.
- Newspaper Ads
If anyone could recommend some quality cartoonists or animators I would appreciate it. Feel free to email me.